vBoxxCloud version v2.5.0!
vBoxx is pleased to announce vBoxxCloud v2.5.0, the latest release includes new features, improvements, and important fixes.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Selective Sync is now available and configurable trough the Desktop Sync Tool.
- vBoxxCloud email templates can now be customized in HTML and previewed instantly.
- New hydration method enables multiple sync queues with automatic prioritization and simultaneous transfers.
- Additional Event IDspushed to Windows Event Viewer and OS X Console:
- Service start: 0x200 (512)
- Collision created: 0x300 (768)
- Collision resolved: 0x301 (769)
- Collision failed: 0x302 (770)
- Collision message: 0x303 (771)
- Numerous improvements to APIv2:
- Root creation and management
- Root subscription creation and management
- FSE management
- Guest account information retrieval
MINOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- New Organization Setting to customize reply-to email address for system-initiated emails.
- Sync process will now transfer the full file if the total size of the deltas in queue exceeds half the size of the full file.
- Desktop Client UI now displays permission errors for mapped folders.
- When receiving data from peers via LAN Sync, end users will now experience faster data transfers.
- OS X clients now preserve config.ini customizations through new release updates.
- Rollback dialog now features a tooltip to educate users on how different time zones can affect the Rollback feature.
- Users will now be alerted of sync conflicts through a system tray icon overlay.
- Windows Desktop Client taskbar application icon for Properties is now properly branded.
- Web Activity Log now properly displays the username of an administrator who deletes content from a Team Share that he or she is not subscribed to.
- Modifying excluded file extensions no longer enables Secure Share policy organization-wide.
- Selecting multiple files and clicking the “Download Zip” button no longer results in a 500 error.
- Two-step organizational policy now properly redirects to web when configuration is required.
- Web cache controls are now active in Edge and Firefox to further protect against expired web sessions.
- Custom branding now properly displays for desktop notifications on OS X.
- Machines Tab now properly consolidates multiple user profiles on OS X El Capitan.
- ConnectWise billing settings are now properly saved after administrator unchecks the “Billing Options” checkbox.
- Deactivating nested FSE mappings no longer causes a sync loop in rare edge cases.
- Desktop Client Properties “X” button will now properly close the dialog box.
- Previously in some edge cases, folder deletions would not be entered in the event table. This is now fixed.
- Sync down process no longer triggers unnecessary logging of file added events.
- Desktop Client overlays no longer cause Windows Explorer to crash in certain conflicting Windows 7 or 8 environments.
- The Company drop-down field now populates as expected when configuring ConnectWise integration settings.
- The new hydration method is now indexing to further improve sync performance.
- Certain branding icons no longer throw a 500 error.
- The Use Filesystem Permissions policy is now properly enforced when content is locked by a different vBoxxCloud user.
- Agent no longer crashes in specific edge cases.
- Agent service no longer hangs in a syncing process as a result of a deadlock.
- Agent service will now properly update the agent schema.
- Rebranded Synced Folder will now properly appear as a storage location shortcut in Microsoft Office Desktop Applications.
- Agent hydration method performance is overhauled for scalability with large data pools.
- Agent database is now enhanced to prevent collisions and sync operations that were rejected by the vBoxxCloud Server.
- Agent memory footprint is now optimized for better resource utilization.
- Agents will now properly reject excluded extensions prior to sending to the vBoxxCloud Server.
- Agents will no longer generate erroneous collision files when receiving updates from the vBoxxCloud Server.
- Agent registration now properly creates Synced Folder in all instances.
- Agent no longer crashes when stopping the service in a unique edge case.
Please contact vBoxx support if you have any questions about these new features.